First there was the ombre hair craze and now everyone seems to be going gaga for ombre nails! This is probably one of my all time favourite nail art looks and although it looks quite complicated I found it really easy to do! There are quite a few different ways to achieve this look but I found the following method the quickest and easiest...
1) Paint your nails in whatever base colour you want. I went for a creamy nude (OPI So Many Clowns...) so it stood out more against the bright pink (Essie Mod Squad).
2) After your nails are completely dry grab a triangular makeup sponge (you can buy these at Tesco, Superdrug, etc, for quite cheap) and coat a thin layer of the second nail varnish colour over the edge.
3) Gently stipple the sponge over the tip of your nails. Keep doing this until you gradually build up colour.
4) Start stippling further down so that the colour starts to blend into the rest of the nail.
5) Clean up any messy edges with a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover and finish with a glossy topcoat.
6) Admire your gorgeous new nails!
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. I find ombre nails look nicer on long nails and they stand out a lot more with lighter colours, but you can always experiment. I might try pink and orange next!